What’s your master plan for this St. Valentine’s Day? If you have not booked restaurant well in advance, forget about getting a place there right on that day. If you lost your chance to make reservation in your favorite venue, we have Plan B for you – stay home and make the sweetest day ever for the two of you. FurniturePick team collected the list of 7 home night ideas for the day to be spent with your soulmate.
1. Make dinner together. Choose the meals that you both adore, get everything you need for cooking in advance. Make special table setting in the dining room for this day (with all the shades of red), have a great fun tasting while cooking, and enjoying dinner together.
2. Spend the evening on the living room floor. Fluffy rug, fireplace, a glass of wine and snacks, some good movie, throws and pillows fort (a good idea not only for kids) – isn’t it the most romantic day, you’ve ever spent at home?
3. Decorate in a romantic way, with candles and flowers, recreate the most romantic evening atmosphere you’ve seen in the movies or at the restaurant. Dress up to add wow-effect. Set the right mood for the day! Candles and champagne, bubble bath – romantic classic that never gets old. Bedroom needs special decor for this day, too. It is perfect, if you’ve got the most romantic bed in the world – the canopy bed.
4. Are you both fond of dancing? Why not turning your family room into a ballroom on that night? Make the dance-floor just in the middle, and move the living room furniture out of the way, and dance all the evening away!
5. Do you like video games or singing? Then make a battle! It would be much better if you have huge screen or entertainment wall in your living room, that night will be definitely one to remember for years!
6. Feel like diving into sweet memories? Why not watching a wedding video (if you are married), or some crazy videos of you together few years/months ago? Think about making the video for your (future) kids, or for your future selves in 10 years.
7. How about ambitious plans for the future? Write your bucket list together and dedicate a special place for it in your house. Whether it would be a huge spot on the fridge or separate board for sweet and funny messages in your dining room or family room. Let this bucket list be the first step in creating the message board in your home, if you still don’t have one.
Don’t forget to share special attention not only with your other half, but with your kids, pets, family members, a good friend or neighbor. Higher love is much bigger than only for two. Enjoy your St. Valentine’s Day in your cozy home and follow Furniture Pick not to miss good news, useful tips and inspiring ideas.